Back in August of 2012 I wrote a post about Remind 101. It is a great communication tool that can be used for students and parents in the classroom by supplying information via text messaging. You can read that article and learn more about the process here: Remind 101 – A Closer Look.
The great folks at Remind 101 have given their site a face-lift. A new user interface makes it even easier to use! Find below some of the highlights I find valuable. Great Job!!!
1. Your Classes: Access all your classes and create new groups from the task pane on the left. The editing options include changing the class name, changing the joining code, or removing the class altogether.
2. Subscribing: Get all the subscribing information for the highlighted class from the top frame in the right task pane. You can view the information full screen or print out or save a PDF of the information so that you can send an email or paper copy to your future members.
3. Members: View a list of your subscribers for the highlighted class from the bottom frame in the right task pane. You can click on an individual to remove them from the class or remove them all at one time.
4. Send a Message: The top frame in the middle of the page is where you create and send the text messages. A couple handy options here are the ability to send the same message to multiple classes at one time and the ability to schedule messages to be sent at at later time.
5. Managing Messages: The bottom frame in the middle of the page allows you to view and edit scheduled messages. You also have the option to view your previously sent messages.
To learn more about the updates and view a video showcasing them, visit this Remind101 blog post. Once again…love the update!