I ran across this site last week: BigHugeLabs-ID Badges. It seems to me like this would be a quick, easy way to summarize your learning. We are often looking for ways to get students to get their information down to the bare bones. What do we REALLY need to know about the subject you are researching or learning more about? Give me the facts…just the facts. This little tool can fill that need. Title it, add an image, give about 3-4 important facts, and you’re done. It could be that 15-20 minute project you are often looking for.
What can it be used for? How about:
- Historical Figures
- Character Traits
- Chapter Summaries
- Vocabulary from all subjects
- Living Museum
That’s just to name a few!
Creating the badge is pretty simple as well. Just follow these steps.
- Upload your image
- Choose the badge style (portrait or landscape)
- Choose your color
- Header (main title)- This is where you name, concept, or vocabulary term would fit nicely
- Footer- Name of book, profession, vocabulary examples, etc
- Text- Here is where you can add your 3-4 important facts
- Member Since, Expires, Birthdate- These can all be used for quick facts or something else that fits your subject
- Check the box if you want a barcode on your badge
- Create the badge
From there you can use the snipping tool or copy/save the image. It depends on what your students will be doing with it next. Quick, easy, fun. 3 words teachers and students love to hear!