We are all looking for those little things that can make our lives easier. Classroomscreen.com is a site that may do just that. This free site combines many different simple teacher tools/widgets into one site. This way you can access all of them without switching between sites or programs.
The toolbar is located across the bottom of the screen. You can toggle each tool on/off by clicking the icon. Tools available include:
- Language- There are a number of different languages you can use for the site.
- Background- Choose from an assortment of images stored on the site.
- Random Name and Dice- Enter names into the widget. A random name will be chosen from your list. There are also dice available. Choose from 1-3 dice to roll.
- Sound Level- There is a bit more set up for this and you will need to have a built in or plug-and-play microphone for this to work, but it will recognize noise level in the room. Set your threshold and your sensitivity.
- QR- Enter a URL into the address bar in the widget and a QR code is created for that link.
- Drawing- It’s a whiteboard for your screen. There is a small window and full screen option.
- Text- write notes, reminders, whatever you need in this widget.
- Work Symbols- Show the students what is allowed in the class at the time: silence, whisper, ask neighbor, or work together.
- Traffic Light- This can be used for noise, movement around the room, etc.
- Timer- Both timer and stopwatch are available.
- Clock- Set to 12 or 24 hour and click the icon for a calendar.
|As a bonus there is a simple exit poll you can utilize as well. It is located in the bottom right of the screen.|
As you can see, you are able to have multiple tools open on the site at one time. They can be moved around to create the look you are wanting.
Give Classroomscreen.com a try! It can be a valuable tool in your teacher toolkit.